Kodokan Boston teaches Goju Ryu Karate Do, Matayoshi Kobudo, and Feeding Crane Gong’fu. Each of these arts are taught separately, but all classes are open to all members. Membership is by invitation only, but we always welcome new members who share the commitment and enthusiasm we have for our practice. Please contact us if you are interested.
Please note we do not teach children; all members must be at least 18 years of age.
Our training times, as of February 1, 2016, are:
- Goju Ryu Karate: Thursday 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Matayoshi Kobudo: Saturday 9:00 – 11:00 AM and Alternate Tuesdays 6-7:30 PM
- Feeding Crane Gong’fu: Alternate Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Alternate Tuesday training is posted on the calendar below. On Tuesdays we may also cover other material based on who is training.
- Seminars, special training, and other events are posted on our calendar below.
All training is currently held in the Beaverbrook Park in Belmont, MA.
The Dojo is located in Waltham, at 238 Calvary St. It is easily accessible from the Mass Pike and Rt 20/Main St in Waltham. Calvary St. is one-way, and must be accessed from Newton St. Click here for a map.
Several bus routes run near the dojo, and the Waltham Commuter Rail stop is close by. Please see the MBTA website for more information.